Song of the Day:

12:51 by The Strokes

Thursday, August 9, 2007

You can expect every blog to be as random as this...

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for going out in my pajamas. I, for the life of me, can't understand why. So I decided to ask someone, Nadia (fellow AIESECer), what's so embarrassing about being in the street in you pajamas, and she said it's embarrassing. Another thing I could never understand, embarrassment, but that's another story. Why in the world would I feel embarrassed if random people in the street see me looking ridiculous in a Mickey Mouse shirt and flowery pants? These are people I don't know, people I probably won't see ever again, and people who know absolutely nothing about me. Yet they should be significant enough to draw up some emotion inside me and force me to spend an hour in my room color coordinating my make up to my carefully picked clothes. Why am I the only person that sees that as crazy?

Never mind the fact that it's a waste of time and energy and brain power. I can't find any logical reason for making an effort to make myself look any different than the way God made me. Yet I do waste some time color coordinating my make up (if choosing between black and brown eyeliner counts) to my carefully picked clothes every day (it was only once that I was lazy enough to go to an EB planning meeting in my pajamas). It's sad that we (the rest of the world and I) would habitually do something regardless of whether or not we are convinced by it and whether or not it's really necessary. My conclusion is that we're all sad and hopeless creatures that live by rules society has created for us without realizing that these rules are dumb and there's nothing wrong with breaking them. We're all doomed.

5 comments:

monamahfouz said...

I am still up to my promise... hehehe... btw do you have tinkerbell pyajamas?

Nora said...

You are right!
All rules are stupid...
I do not know why I could never leave my house in my pajamas, but it would be too hard and scary for me to do.

Anonymous said...

my friend used to go to the corner store near her house wearing a skirt made out of a sheet...usually a disney printed sheet...haha

Unknown said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....welll...cant say i disagree...yet i cant say i would ever have the guts to go out on the street in my PJ's:D

Unknown said...

hehehhehheh!!!
i go to my early classes in my PJ's also!
so dun worrry! lol